Beta available from Friday, December 22 at 5 p.m. (UTC) to Tuesday, December 26 at 4:59 p.m. (UTC)!
Now available to all PlayStation®4 users: the second edition of the Monster Hunter: World Beta!
Due to popular demand, we're bringing back the beta for a second round of server load testing! All PlayStation®4 users with an internet connection to PlayStation™Network can participate, so take this chance to dive into the new world of Monster Hunter!
The Monster Hunter: World Beta will use worldwide multiplayer matchmaking to test server load for the upcoming release.
Beta Version Download
Download available from Monday, December 18
- The download schedule is subject to change.
- No additional download is necessary for players who have already saved the Monster Hunter: World Beta to their system storage during the first beta.
Play online single player by departing alone on any of the quests.
- You must be online even when playing single player.
Participate in multiplayer with players from around the world.
- You also have the option during quest creation to set a language filter, which will match you only with players with the same language as you.
- Certain online features will be unavailable in the beta, such as the ability to join quests midway through, Guild Cards, removing other players from a quest, and friend invites (these features will be available in the full retail version).
Three Different Quests
- "Great Devourer, Great Jagras"
Great Jagras Hunt
Locale: Ancient Forest
- "Wildspire Rampage"
Locale: Wildspire Waste
- "The Ancient Forest Menace"
Locale: Ancient Forest
Character Creation and Naming
You will be able to choose from six different presets each for male and female hunters, as well as six presets for your Palico, and give them each a name of your choosing. (The full retail version will feature much deeper customization features!)
Voice and Text Chat
Test out any of the 14 different weapon types in a private training space!
Voice: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Monster Hunter Language, Spanish
Text: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
You can get special bonuses for participating in the beta!
Completing any of the three quests featured in the beta will earn you one Face Paint to customize your character with in the full retail version.
Completing each of the three quests for the first time will earn you item sets you can use in the full retail version. Items include lifepowder, max potions, shock traps, and lots more that will help you out on the hunt!
Important Notes About This Beta:
- The beta schedule is subject to change or cancellation without notice.
- This beta is online only. An internet connection is required to participate.
- Data will not be saved. Once the application is closed, your character's name, appearance, equipment, and all other settings will be reset to default.
- Quest completion data will be saved to the server.
- To claim participation bonuses in the full retail version, you must be logged into the same Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) account that was used at the time the quests were completed in the beta.
- The full retail version of Monster Hunter: World will require a PS Plus membership to enjoy online multiplayer.
- Size: 5.5 GB.
- Trophies are not available.
- Customer Support will not be available for the beta.
Check out these tips before playing the beta!