PS4® Trial Version Period
00:00 UTC March 25, 2020 —
23:59 UTC March 30, 2020
- This trial period is only available for PlayStation®4.
- The trial version can no longer be played after the trial period has ended.
- Try out Monster Hunter: World on PS4®. Play up to midway through the story for free!
- Almost all of the story, quests, armor, and upgrades up to Hunter Rank 10 (5★ quests) are playable!
- Your save data can be carried over into the full version!
- You can even play online with hunters who own the full version!
PS4® Trial Version — Getting Set Up
Search for "Monster Hunter: World" on PlayStation™Store, then select and download "Monster Hunter: World Trial Version".
How to Play Monster Hunter: World
There is a large variety of quests on top of the 16 assignments required to progress in the story.
All 16 assignments up to Hunter Rank 10 (5★ quests) are available. Start by customizing your hunter, then head to the New World as a member of the Research Commission to solve the mystery of the Elder Crossing.
You can also take on a rich variety of optional quests, investigations, event quests, and challenge quests up to Hunter Rank 10 (5★)!
Four large environments, including the lush Ancient Forest and rugged Wildspire Waste!
The main story in Monster Hunter: World takes you to five lush locations. Four of these are available in the trial version: the Ancient Forest, Wildspire Waste, Coral Highlands, and Rotten Vale. Visit them to complete quests, or just to explore freely, fulfill delivery requests, gather materials, or hunt the various monsters that roam around.
You can also visit these areas freely in expeditions! While on an expedition, you can complete delivery requests or gather materials at your leisure, or search the area for monsters to hunt!
Take on assignments to hunt 13 different large monsters!
During your assignments, you'll get to face off against 13 large monsters: Great Jagras, Kulu-Ya-Ku, Pukei-Pukei, Barroth, Jyuratodus, Tobi-Kadachi, Anjanath, Paolumu, Radobaan, Legiana, Odogaron, Diablos, and Rathalos.
But that's not all—you might also run into other monsters out in the field! Each monster you meet is potential quarry for your hunter!
Swords, hammers, bows, and more: all 14 weapon types are playable!
Monster Hunter: World has 14 weapon types that fans of the series will be familiar with. The trial version offers all of these weapons, and even provides tutorial videos, and a training area accessible from your room or the World Map to try your hand at each weapon and see which one best suits your play style.
You'll also be able to create and upgrade weapons and armor using materials you find during quests and expeditions. This way, you'll be able to take on increasingly strong monsters, which forms the core of the Monster Hunter life (gameplay loop).
Defender Weapons and Guardian Armor
Powerful weapons and armor available from the start!
Monster Hunter: World features the powerful Defender weapon line and the Guardian α+ line of armor, which will help you throughout the entire base game!
Note: This equipment is already available in the retail version.
Hunt fearsome monsters online with up to four players!
The trial version contains the same online multiplayer as the full version. Conditions may differ, but most quests can be played by up to four players at once. You can team up with Hunters in the same Online Session, or you can fire an SOS flare while questing alone to call in Hunters from around the globe for help.
The trial version also allows you to play with people who own the full version.
Note: Online multiplayer becomes available after reaching a certain point in the story.
How to transfer save data to the full version
If you purchase the full version (console or digital), and play it on an account with trial version save data, the save data will be loaded automatically, allowing you to continue playing from where you left off.
Note: Save data loaded in the full version can no longer be used in the trial version. However, the trial version does not have any exclusive content, so you can enjoy the full version without missing out on anything.
Trial Version Q&A
- Q: Is the content in the trial version different from the full version?
- A: There are some restricted features and you cannot use DLC, but the playable quests and story parts are the same as in the full version. If you buy the full version, all restrictions will be lifted, and you'll be able to carry over your save data to continue playing.
- Q: How far can I progress in the trial version?
- A: You can play up to the completion of the assignments "A Fiery Throne Atop the Forest" and "Horned Tyrant Below the Sands" (Hunter Rank 10, ★5).
- Q: Can I play anything other than the assignments related to the main story?
- A: As long as you meet the requirements (e.g. Hunter Rank), you'll also be able to take on optional quests, event quests, and more.
- Q: Are the playable weapons the same as in the full version?
- A: Yes, you can use all 14 weapon types.
- Q: Where can I get the "Guardian α+" armor?
- A: Start a new game and continue until the "Create Your Hunter" segment. For your hunter's "Default Armor", select "Guardian α+" and your hunter will begin the game with this armor equipped.
If you select a different default armor, you can still obtain the Guardian α+ armor later in the game. Continue the game until assignments are available in Astera, then go to your hunter's room and speak with the Housekeeper. Select "Claim Add-On & Bonuses" then "Armor Set: Guardian" to obtain the armor.
- Q: Where can I get the Defender line of weapons?
- A: Defender weapons are available to forge at the Smithy. Talk to the Smithy to see the weapons available, and if you have enough materials and zenny, you can craft them at any time!
- Q: Can I change my weapons and armor?
- A: Yes, you can create and upgrade weapons and armor with materials gathered in the areas available in the trial version.
- Q: If I download the trial version, can I play it for as long as I want?
- A: The trial version is available for a limited time only. It will expire after this period, but you can continue playing using your save data in the full version.
- Q: Do I need an internet connection to play after downloading the trial version?
- A: Yes, the trial version requires you to connect to PlayStation™Network.
- Q: Can I use free DLC, like gestures and such?
- A: The trial version does not support Monster Hunter: World DLC, regardless of whether it is paid or free. DLC can only be used in the full version.
- Q: Can I unlock Trophies in the trial version?
- A: On PlayStation 4, any Trophies tied to medals earned during gameplay are unlocked after transferring to the full version.
- Q: If I buy the full version, will I be able to carry over my save data, regardless of whether I buy the digital (download) version or the disc version?
- A: If you purchase the full version (retail or digital), and play it on an account with trial version save data, the save data will be loaded automatically, allowing you to continue playing from where you left off.
- Q: Can anyone who downloads the trial version play online?
- A: You need a PlayStation™Plus membership to play online.
- Q: I'm already playing the full version. Can I still play the trial version?
- A: If you have save data for the full version, you cannot play the trial version. If you want to play the trial version, you have to delete the save data for the full version first.
Official Web Manual